The most important thing to consider before you undergo liposuction is selecting a surgeon. Truthfully, your life is in their hands, and if you can’t trust your plastic surgeon, then there is no way you should be operated by them.
Some qualities you should examine when selecting a surgeon for Liposuction in Toronto are the following:
1. Your surgeon should be fully trained and have extensive experience in liposuction. Some experience in other body contouring cosmetic surgical procedures can also help as this may complement their knowledge.
2. A thorough understanding of the body’s shape and how to achieve a contour that is most attractive for you.
3. A willingness to communicate with you and listen to you so they can understand what you want.
4. They have official surgical training that includes a minimum of five years and two years in plastic surgery.
5. Your surgeon must conduct surgery in an accredited medical facility.
6. Your surgeon understands and strictly abides by medical ethics.
7. Your surgeon pursues continuing education in new advancements in surgical techniques, technologies and methods.
8. Your surgeon is board certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada®. Find out more about board certification right here.
This information can all be obtained during the consultative process prior to booking and even paying for your surgery. You should not schedule anything until you have this information. Remember – choosing the right surgeon for your liposuction procedure will ensure a better result from your surgery and reduce all the side effects and risks related to your surgery.